Not just the Left would like to ditch Christian morality. To many, drowning asylum seekers in the Mediterranean is just as attractive as chopping up bothersome fetuses is to others.
Make the right choices, for HELL IS ETERNAL!!!
The topic of the debate was on the grounding of morality – which worldview (theism or atheism) is better at grounding morality?
And here is the MP3 for the cross-examination only, which is what I will be summarizing. (12.5 Mb)
Turek’s cross-examination period starts at 74m22s and ends at 89m20s.
Shermer’s cross-examination period starts at 89m50s and ends at 105m0s.
Topics of Turek’s cross-examination:
- evolution produces Shermer’s moral sense and Hitler’s moral sense
- why does Shermer think his is better than Hitler’s, since both were produced by the same evolution?
- what makes right or wrong if evolution is the source of morality?
- why is Stalin’s opinion of right and wrong less valuable than the herd’s opinion of right and wrong?
- do the Founding Fathers ground inalienable rights in a Creator…
View original post 1,217 more words